Sometimes life is so intense that you are too busy living it to understand it and yourself.
One blind spot I have had for some time is the realization that most humans on earth don't know or care about what we each know and care about. And least of all about me and my thoughts.
I am often puzzled by the reactions on newsvine to what I perceive as obvious common sense facts.
Yet I shouldn't be puzzled
Religion for example is a myth to me - yet represents much more than that to most others on earth.
Cynicism I've found is in fact a manifestation of the truth and much more.
And I have determined I am a cynic as per these 5 principals of cynicism
- The goal of life is happiness which is to live in agreement with Nature.
- Happiness depends on being self-sufficient, and a master of mental attitude.
- Self-sufficiency is achieved by living a life of excellence, being the best that you can be.
- The road to excellence is to free oneself from any influence such as wealth, fame, or power, which have no value in Nature.
- Suffering is caused by false judgments of value, which cause negative emotions and a vicious character.
First my goals center around enjoying, sustaining and living in agreement with nature.
Second I am happy when least dependent on others (an employer for example) and am not controlled by others.
I constantly have striven for self-sufficiency and excelling at what I do -
I have never been influenced by wealth, fame or power although I have had my fair share at different times.
And lastly I feel that our human value system is truly false and the cause for all the strife of humanity today.
I suppose that in some respects I am a philosopher as well - seeking to both learn and share my views with others.
Suddenly I am a cynic.
And suddenly I am alone.